Cybersecurity Panel Discussion
Rebecca and her fellow panelists will discuss:
- The latest on such traditional threats as cyber theft, identity fraud, and ransomware
- Emerging threats such as those created by the expansion of 5G technology and artificial intelligence
- Pandemic-related issues like stimulus fraud and attacks on remote learning and working
- Importance of an IT Risk Assessment
- Weaknesses in email systems, along with best practices for dealing with phishing attacks and impersonation or spoofing
- New uses in artificial intelligence to protect email and zero-day threat
When: Tuesday, February 16, 2021
1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
About Rebecca Warren
Rebecca devotes her practice to labor and employment, cybersecurity, business and corporate matters, and litigation. As a former in-house corporate attorney, and having counseled businesses for over 25 years, she is keenly aware of the unique and varied legal needs of business clients, especially in today’s climate. Rebecca is well-versed in providing legal strategy and guidance regarding daily business issues, as well as for challenges ranging from employment matters to third party disputes to pandemic-related impacts.
As a former elected official and prosecutor, Rebecca is well-positioned to sagely counsel clients in crisis management, internal and governmental investigations, charges and indictments, and regulatory and business compliance. She has also pursued certification in cybersecurity to more astutely advise businesses in creating a culture of cyber awareness and data protection, assisting clients in the midst of a cyberattack, determining breach notifications required by law, and guiding recovery post-attack.
Rebecca also handles all aspects of litigation for her clients, having appeared in court for over 30 years for hearings, non-jury trials, jury trials, mediations, arbitrations, appeals, and other legal proceedings. She was formerly solicitor for various non-profit organizations and government agencies and had regularly served as a county arbitration panel member and arbitration chairperson. Rebecca has represented prominent clients in high-stakes and multi-million-dollar cases at the county, state, and federal levels.