Jeffrey M. Casaletto, a Member of law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., will co-present the webinar, “New Jersey Real Estate & Corporate Transactions: The Role of the LSRP and the Attorney,” with Phil Brilliant, CHMM, LSRP, founder of Brilliant Environmental Services, LLC, for the Continuing Professional Education Services, LLC.
The Role of the LSRP and the Attorney
This program is available for licensed site remediation professionals, environmental professionals, environmental attorneys, real estate attorneys, corporate attorneys, in-house counsel, or anyone who wants to learn about how environmental issues might affect their real estate and corporate transactions in the state of New Jersey. Discussion topics will include:
- What due diligence to perform in your purchase and sale transactions
- How to identify certain environmental issues and learn that commonly arise
- Methods for dealing with and navigating through (or around) issues to close a deal
- How the LSRP’s code of conduct and professional obligations work within the context of a deal
- Engaging the LSRP or the environmental professional
- How environmental professionals facilitate transactions
- The nuances of the Industrial Site Recovery Act and the Site Remediation Reform Act
- Practice tips for ISRA compliance, performing due diligence, and allocating responsibility for addressing environmental issues
When: Wednesday, July 22, 2020
8:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- General Registration: $115.00
- LSRPA, CIANJ, or Montclair State Alumni: $99.00
- Multiple Registrations From the Same Company: $85.00
1 Regulatory NJ LSRP CEC, 2.4 CLEs, 2 CPCs, and 2 CEs will be earned.
About Jeff Casaletto
Jeff represents and counsels clients in a wide range of industries, including commercial and residential developers, chemical and industrial manufacturers, and commercial business owners. He maintains a results-oriented approach to each environmental issue to achieve the client’s goals and objectives. Jeff assists clients in resolving issues related to site remediation, due diligence, solid and hazardous waste disposal, environmental regulatory compliance and solid waste utility licensing and approvals, permitting, Brownfields redevelopment, and cleanup cost recovery.
The practice of environmental law often involves unique technical issues that require the expertise and advice of technical consultants. Jeff’s environmental engineering background enables him to better communicate and problem-solve with environmental consultants and to apply a team approach to all issues, legal and technical. His ability to understand the technical aspects of his environmental matters provides clients with an opportunity to efficiently resolve their environmental issues.
Jeff has experience handling matters involving CERCLA, RCRA, EPCRA, and OPA. He has negotiated removal orders, EPCRA/OPA settlements, cost recovery for removal and remedial actions, Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Study Settlements, and Remedial Design/Remedial Action Settlements. Jeff has also obtained solid waste approvals for haulers, brokers, and solid waste facilities and recycling facilities for solid waste utilities just starting up or continuing to grow.