Jeralyn L. Lawrence to Speak At Various Seminars on Family Law and Alimony Reform in November
Bridgewater, NJ (November 6, 2014)– Jeralyn L. Lawrence, a Member of the Bridgewater-based law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., P.A and Chair of the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, will be a speaker at various Family Law and Alimony Reform seminars in November. Lawrence played an instrumental role in structuring the recent alimony reform bill and having it passed through Legislature. The programs include:
- “Legislative Issues Affecting the Family Law Practice,” Family Law Section Dinner Meeting – Middlesex County Bar Association, The Pines Manor, Edison, NJ, November 10, 2014, 6pm. For more information, please visit www.mcbalaw.com.
- “Hot Tips in Family Law 2014/2015,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and New Jersey State Bar Association, NJICLE Law Center, New Brunswick, NJ, November 11, 2014, 9am-1 pm. For more information, please visit www.njicle.com
- “Alimony Update: The New Law,” Meadowlands Seminar 2014, New Jersey Association for Justice, Meadowlands Hilton, East Rutherford, NJ, November 12-14, 2014, 10:15am-11:45am. For more information, please visit www.nj-justice.org.
- “Family Law: Advanced Issues,” National Business Institute, Doubletree by Hilton Newark Airport, Newark, NJ, November 14, 2014, 9am-4:30pm. For more information, please visit www.nbi-sems.com.
- “Alimony Law in New Jersey,” Keep C.A.L.M. and Mediate, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, The Imperia, Somerset, NJ, November 15, 2014, 8:15am-4:45pm. For more information, please visit www.njapm.org.
- “Alimony Reform,” Morris County Bar Association’s Legalpalooza, The Hyatt Morristown at Headquarters Plaza, Morristown, NJ, November 22, 2014, 8am-5pm. For more information, please visit www.morriscountybar.com.
- “Evidence for Family Lawyers ,” NJICLE’s Central CLEFest, East Brunswick Hilton, East Brunswick, NJ, November 24, 2014, 9:30am-12:30pm. For more information, please visit www.njicle.com.
A resident of Watchung, Lawrence devotes her practice to matrimonial, divorce and family law, and collaborative law. She is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney. She is a trained Family/Divorce Mediator, admitted to the rosters of Mediators for Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases and of Custody and Parenting Time Cases for Somerset County; certified by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as a Family Law Arbitrator; and a graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. She has worked with clients whose needs lie in all areas of matrimonial and family law, including divorce litigation and mediation, custody and parenting time, alimony and child support, separation and property settlement agreements, adoption and guardianship, domestic partnership matters under the Domestic Partnership Act, domestic violence and sexual abuse, and palimony. She takes great pride and care in helping her clients make it through these difficult personal matters.
Lawrence is Senior Editor of New Jersey Family Lawyer, the official publication of the Section. She works with the State Bar’s Military Legal Assistance Program, providing pro bono legal assistance to New Jersey residents who have served overseas or on active duty in the armed forces after Sept. 11, 2001. She serves as President-Elect of the Somerset County Bar Association, as an at-large member on the Board of Directors of the Women’s Political Caucus of New Jersey, and on the Board of Managers of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the preeminent family law association in America. Lawrence was appointed to the Somerset County Domestic Violence Working Group as a representative of the Somerset County Family Law Section. She is a member of the New Jersey Association of Justice, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Central New Jersey Inns of Court, and NMM Women’s Forum Steering Committee. She serves on the New Jersey Supreme Court Matrimonial Certification Committee, which oversees the statewide matrimonial attorney certification process; and on the New Jersey Supreme Court Office of Attorney Ethics, District XIII Attorney Ethics Committee.
Most recently, Lawrence received the 2014 New Jersey Professional Lawyer of the Year Award from the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law, which honors attorneys whose character, competence, and commitment to the highest professional standards mark them as outstanding members of the bar. She was selected as one of the ‘”10 Best” Family Attorneys in New Jersey by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and one of the TOP 10 Family Law Attorneys in New Jersey by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, in recognition of her hard work and dedication in the field of family law. She was honored with the 2013 New Jersey State Bar Association Distinguished Legislative Service Award for her cumulative and diligent efforts on alimony reform, open adoption records, and electronic monitoring on domestic violence. In 2007, she received this annual award for the first time for her efforts to incorporate “irreconcilable differences” as grounds for divorce under New Jersey law. In 2011, she was honored as one of New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business for her dedication and contributions to New Jersey business and community. She was selected as the 2009 Kean University Distinguished Alumna, the highest award for alumni, by the Kean University Alumni Association. She was also honored as an Outstanding Woman in Somerset County for 2008 by the Somerset County Commission on the Status of Women. She was selected by her peers as one of New Jersey’s Top Ten matrimonial lawyers under the age of 40, and recognized by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of 40 accomplished and promising attorneys in the State of New Jersey under the age of 40. For several years, Lawrence has been listed among New Jersey’s Super Lawyers, which rates her among the top 5 percent of New Jersey lawyers. She has been selected as one of the Top 100 New Jersey Super Lawyers and one of the Top 50 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers. In 2007, she received the Young Lawyers Division’s Professional Achievement Award from the NJSBA. Lawrence earned her bachelor’s degree from Kean College and her law degree from Seton Hall, where she graduated second in her class.