The law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., is pleased to announce that attorneys David L. Adelson, David N. Vozza, and Lana Ros, Members of the firm’s Health Care & Life Sciences Group, have been named legal counsel to The Medical Society of the County of Queens, Inc.
Prior to joining Norris McLaughlin, P.A., Adelson, Vozza, and Ros had been counsel to the Society for many years, and are proud to be asked to return.
During a two-year term, the firm will be responsible for the day-to-day legal representation of the society themselves, as well as handling all member questions and inquiries. The firm’s wide array of legal specialties will enable it to handle not only healthcare law issues, but other legal issues as needed. Adelson, Vozza, and Ros will also attend society functions, write articles, provide lectures, and generally support the society and its members in their endeavors.
The three attorneys have extensive experience in health care law and litigation. They have represented numerous medical societies for many years, and continue to represent a wide array of health care professionals and medical practices. Their practice includes administrative legal matters and health care law litigation.
They concentrate in the following health care specialty areas:
- Professional Licensing, Discipline, and Defense before State Licensing Agencies, including OPMC and OPD
- Commercial Insurance Investigations and Audits
- Fraud and Abuse Issues, including DOJ Investigations
- Audit Refund Requests (Private, Medicaid, and Medicare)
- HHS Office of Civil Rights Investigations and Actions
- HIPAA and HITECH Compliance
- CMS Investigations and Audits
- DEA Investigations and Actions
- Employment Counseling and Litigation
- IPRO Inquiries
- Medical Staff Actions and Hospital Privilege Issues, including Suspension and Termination Hearings
- RAC Audits, OIG Matters, MACRA, and MIPS
Adelson earned his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law, his M.S. from Long Island University, and his B.A. from SUNY Albany. Vozza earned his J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law and his B.A. from the State University of New York, Stony Brook. Ros earned her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law and her B.S. from Rutgers University.