Norris McLaughlin, P.A., Attorneys at Law, continuously presents seminars and webinars to educate and inform the general population on legal updates. If you’ve missed one, here are the recordings.
Margaret Raymond-Flood and Nicholas A. Duston, Members of law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., presented the free webinar, “Business Interruptions in the Time of COVID-19,” hosted by the Somerset County Business Partnership, in which Eric Alvarez, an Associate of the firm, moderated. This webinar discussed two important topics that many business owners are currently dealing with as a result of the current pandemic:
- Does insurance cover “business interruptions” due to COVID-19?
- What happens if a business can’t perform on its contractual obligations due to the current business climate?
Jeanne M. Hamburg, a Member of law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., and Vincent Biscaye, Managing Founder of Step Two Advisors, presented an informative webinar for food and beverage startups looking for best practices in business and legal planning, including:
- Become efficient and well organized (separate personal and business finances, create a bookkeeping plan, surround yourself with trustworthy professionals)
- Entity formation
- Foundational documents (e.g., partnership or operating agreements)
- Financial statements (how to read a P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement)
- Key contracts, including nondisclosure agreements, design services agreements, manufacturing/co-packing, and distribution agreements, and pros and cons of co-packing and private labeling
- Brand selection, clearance, and registration
- Why to consider copyright protection for logos and websites
- Legal liabilities insurance can help mitigate
Join our food tour, a webinar series on legal issues important to food and beverage businesses!
Danielle DeFilippis, Deanna Koestel, and Daniel Guadalupe, Members of law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., will present a three-part webinar series on important legal issues for your business. If you are a food or beverage manufacturer, distributor, supermarket, or restaurant, this webinar is for you!
Part 1, our appetizer course, was “Essential Contracts for Emerging and Established Food and Beverage Companies.” This webinar included a primer on essential contracts for your business such as equipment leases, vendor contracts, co-packing, distribution and supply agreements, and assignment and licensing agreements for intellectual property. We also discussed key provisions to include in those agreements, such as confidentiality and indemnity, and suggested a few negotiation strategies and pitfalls to avoid.