The Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Group at Norris McLaughlin consists of 15 attorneys providing a full range of legal and consultation services in all areas of debtor/creditor rights and bankruptcy law. We represent numerous creditors (including financial institutions, mortgage companies, insurance companies, health care institutions and other corporations), creditors’ committees, debtors, trustees and others involved in bankruptcy litigation. Our services include:
- Counseling on general creditors’ rights and bankruptcy issues
- Representing businesses in loan restructurings, negotiated workouts, Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization proceedings, assignments for the benefit of creditors and alternative insolvency proceedings in lieu of formal bankruptcies.
- Representing secured and unsecured creditors and trustees in Chapter 11 reorganization and Chapter 7 liquidation proceedings.
- Representing our bank clients in foreclosures, restructurings, negotiated workouts and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Litigating cases involving fraudulent conveyances, preferences, relief from the automatic stay and the enforcement of creditors’ rights under the UCC.
- Providing legal counsel in financing arrangements, including lending terms, real estate financing and”debtor in possession” financing.
- Serving as chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees, liquidating trustees, disbursing agents, assignees for the benefit of creditors and receivers in numerous insolvency matters.
- Representing purchasers of businesses and assets seeking Bankruptcy Court approval of transactions under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Other related commercial litigation and foreclosure issues.