Norris McLaughlin, P.A., is pleased to have Victor S. Elgort, Chair of the firm’s Tax Group, speak at the National Business Institute (NBI) two-day seminar, “LLCs From Start to Finish.” Victor will present ” LLC or S-Corp Tax Considerations” and “How to Draft the LLC Operating Agreement” on day one.
The attendees will be walked through the LLC cycle with practical how-to’s, practice pointers, cautionary advice, and sample forms. Stay up to date with the latest LLC legislation, trends and developments; consider all factors in entity selection and formation, and work through difficult operating agreement provisions. Attendees will also learn more focused skills and applications, such as forming LLCs to purchase real estate, utilizing series LLCs and more.
Day 1: Legal Update, Entity Selection, Formation, Operating Agreements, and More
- New Jersey Legislative Update, Recent Trends, and Developments in LLCs (9:00-10:00 a.m.)
- The Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (RULLCA): What You Need to Know (10:15 – 11:00 a.m.)
- LLC Nuts and Bolts: Single Member and Series (11:00 a.m. – noon)
- LLC or S-Corp Tax Considerations (1:00 – 2:15 p.m.)
- How to Draft the LLC Operating Agreement (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.)
- LLC Formation and Operation – Process, Procedures, and Pitfalls (3:30 – 4:30 p.m.)
Day 2: Dividing Member Interests, LLC Conversions, Reorganizations and Disputes
- Dividing, Issuing and Transferring LLC Member Interests(9:00 – 9:45 a.m.)
- LLC Conversions and Reorganizations (9:45 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Using LLCs to Purchase Real Estate 10:45 – 11:45 a.m.)
- Using LLCs in Asset Protection and Estate Planning ( 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Preventing and Handling Disputes in the LLC (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.)
- Top LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices (2:45 – 3:30 p.m.)
- Legal Ethics for the LLC Attorney (3:30 – 4:30 p.m.)
NJ CLE – 14.4
NY CLE – 14.0
PA CLE – 12.0
CPE for Accountants/NASBA – 14.0
When: Monday, November 4
Registration: 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Seminar: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
2175 Marlton Pike W
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
For more information and to register, please click here.
Posted in: Business Law, Estate Planning & Administration, Events, Health Care & Life Sciences, Taxation, Venture Tech & Emerging Growth Companies, Victor S. Elgort | Tags: Limited Liability Company, LLC