The law firm Norris McLaughlin, P.A., has announced that nineteen of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion on the list of The Best Lawyers in America© for 2021, including three recognized as Best Lawyers® 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” in Woodbridge. An additional four attorneys were named in the inaugural edition of “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.”
“We are very happy for so many of our attorneys to be selected for this honor. It is an acknowledgment of the hard-earned respect of their peers and their dedicated work for our clients,” said John N. Vanarthos, Chairman of the firm.
The Best Lawyers in America©
For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 9.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in the inclusion of more than 67,000 lawyers, or approximately 5% of practicing lawyers in the United States. The following attorneys were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America:
- Morris S. Bauer, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Martha N. Donovan, Environmental Law; Litigation – Environmental
- William A. Dreier, Arbitration; Mediation
- Victor S. Elgort, Trusts and Estates
- Daniel R. Guadalupe, Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Construction
- Edward A. Hogan, Energy Law; Environmental Law; Litigation – Environmental; Natural Resources Law
- Barbara L. Hollenbach, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Peter D. Hutcheon, Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Joel N. Jacobson, Banking and Finance Law
- Steven A. Karg, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- James H. Laskey, Communications Law; Energy Law
- Jack L. Lintner, Appellate Practice; Arbitration; Mediation
- Kenneth D. Meskin, Trusts and Estates
- Svetlana (Lana) Ros, Health Care Law
- Richard J. Schachter, Commercial Litigation
- Richard B. Somach, Real Estate Law
- Lauren L. Sorrentino, Family Law
- Edward G. Sponzilli, Commercial Litigation
- Bruce J. Wisotsky, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
Three of those attorneys listed have been recognized as the 2021 Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Woodbridge: Donovan for Environmental Law, Drier for Mediation, and Wisotsky for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
“Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch”
Additionally, four lawyers from the firm are recognized in the inaugural edition of “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.” The “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” awards honor attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. The following four Norris McLaughlin attorneys have been named in the 2021 “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch:”
- Eric Alvarez, Commercial Litigation
- Nicholas A. Duston, Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Michael J. Locke, Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Julie Macomb, Health Care Law
About Best Lawyers®
“Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal profession. After almost four decades, we are proud to continue to serve as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals worldwide,” says CEO Phillip Greer.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America and “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” lists are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers® lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 108,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world) with over 13 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world received. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 9.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 67,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers® is considered a singular honor. For more information on the selection process, visit bestlawyers.com/methodology.
About Norris McLaughlin
The attorneys at Norris McLaughlin come from diverse backgrounds, hold degrees from top U.S. law schools, and regularly serve as leaders in bar associations and various trade groups. They have earned a strong reputation in virtually every area of practice within the realm of commercial law. With many of its attorneys selected as The Best Lawyers in America each year, in addition to its active repertoire of speaking engagements and legal publications, the firm possesses large-firm talent in a small-firm setting that allows its attorneys to provide service and value to their clients on a personal level. It is the goal of Norris McLaughlin to accommodate the needs of every client with experience, strategic planning, and common courtesy.